[MODULE] Samurai Payment Gateway

I've recently completed a module for using the Samurai payment gateway with WHMCS.

More information on Samurai can be found here: http://samurai.feefighters.com

This module uses a tokenized system that does not store credit cards on your local system. Instead, the card data is stored on Samurai's remote PCI compliant servers. A token is then passed back to WHMCS, which is stored in the database. Whenever a new charge needs to be performed (either automated, or one time), The merchant information along with the token are passed to samurai, and the charge is made.

This system is highly secure, and can be compared with Authorize.Net CIM service, which is far more expensive.

The cost of the module is $15 one time for the encoded version. If you'd like an unencoded version please contact me for pricing.

Order Here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got it setup and working. Thanks Frank... Looks pretty good so far, the only thing I am not sure of is that the gateway log does not seem to be storing error codes. For example when we used Authorize.net it would give back a response code telling us why the credit card was declined.

Ah, yeah, I did not add any logging functionality in there. I'll try to get that in the next version.

That would be great. So far I've processed 2 cars with it and they went through fine, today a third one is giving me this error:

This transaction could not be processed:

The route you are trying to access does not exist

Nothing is showing up in the samurai history log as if it was unable to connect to Samurai. Any ideas why? The only thing im thinking it might be is that this particular client already had his credit card stored in WHMCS, I have not yet imported the ones we have saved into samurai. Should it still work for saved credits in WHMCS if we dont use the import module?

Existing credit cards that are stored in WHMCS cannot be used with this module. WHMCS does not call the storeremote function if the card is stored locally. You will need to run the import script to pull the stored CC's into WHMCS, or remove them completely from WHMCS and have the customers reenter them, storing them in the samurai vault.

Thats likely what the error you're getting means.

ok, got ya... have you done any testing in the case that a client calls and you place an order for them manually through the admin area and then add their credit card details to their account profile page? I'm thinking that will also be problematic as you would have to run the import script before you can attempt payment on the invoice?

Ok, I'm looking into it... getting a bunch of credit card transactions that are failing but a few slip through and work, not sure why. Here is a video of me trying to run the import script: http://removed

It doesnt seem to be working, I have it in modules > gateways > samurai_import.php

any ideas?

Thanks again.

Edited by BryanB

Cool, looks like I got everything working now. For future releases it might help to include a install instructions text file in the download. Don't think I saw one to figure out where to place the files.

Thanks again! Great addon... Everyone should really switch to Samurai, much better than Authorize.net. They feel like they are still in very early Beta but their support, prices and interface is great.

Cool, looks like I got everything working now. For future releases it might help to include a install instructions text file in the download. Don't think I saw one to figure out where to place the files.

Thanks again! Great addon... Everyone should really switch to Samurai, much better than Authorize.net. They feel like they are still in very early Beta but their support, prices and interface is great.

The import module was an afterthought and I quickly threw it together in a couple hours. I think put the install location in the download description on my website for it. But I'll try to add a readme file to it when I get a chance for better clarity.