[NOT A BUG] Gateway dropdown not switching

joelie

I'm running v5.0.2 and v5.0.3 in two different installs. Both have 2 payment gateways installed (Bank Transfer, and PayPal).

When I login as a client and view a printable invoice, I attempt to change the payment method/gateway. The page posts back but it reverts to the original selection (assuming it's just the database value). eg. it shows as Bank Transfer selected when I view the invoice but when I change it to PayPal, the page posts back to itself and it still shows Bank Transfer as the method.

This issue is also happening in your own demo online. I went to this page:

http://demo.whmcs.com/admin/invoices.php?action=edit&id=6

and clicked printable invoice to get this page:

http://demo.whmcs.com/viewinvoice.php?id=6

When I change the invoice payment method from PayPal to credit card, nothing happens. The same for all options.

edit: forgot to mention, it's happening in Firefox 9.0.1 on windows, and IE9 on Windows. These were the only two I tested.

Edited by joelie
browser info

• WHMCS CEO

If you "View Printable Version" from the admin area then the dropdown to change the payment method will not have any effect. You need to actually be logged in as the client themselves for that dropdown to work. Admins can change payment method via the "Options" tab of the invoice within the admin area.

Matt

If you "View Printable Version" from the admin area then the dropdown to change the payment method will not have any effect. You need to actually be logged in as the client themselves for that dropdown to work.

Thanks for clarifying, that helps a lot!

Admins can change payment method via the "Options" tab of the invoice within the admin area.

Yep, I'm aware of that, however my need was for allowing the end user to do it on an updated invoice template. I just didn't realise being admin v user would make a difference to the functionality of the view printable invoice page.....I do now :)

Thanks Matt.