Integration with Sage Instant accounts

danwednesday

Question

Hi,

I use Sage Instant accounts and any invoices but I'm finding it time-consuming manually generating invoices for customers for hosting and domain name registration. Hence I've come to WHMCS to try to automate some of this process.

I want to keep using Sage Accounts for my book-keeping so I will need eventually to import orders from WHMCS to Sage. Is there an automated process for this? How else would it be handled? It must be quite a common scenario (not necessarily Sage integration but integration into exiting accounts software) so I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I haven't worked much with sage but their is an export program in WHMCS (you can see this in the demo)

It can export:

Clients

Products /Services

Domains

Transactions List

PDF batch (Invoices)

Transactions would be your best bet it saves it as a csv file and you can limit the parameters to fit what you need.

Importing customers into Sage is relatively straight forward, but it isn't as easy as it looks to import invoices. Sage requires you to post your transactions against a Nominal code (I have one for hosting, one for domains, one for SSL etc.) but WHMCS doesn't recognise that or provide somewhere to store the nominal code when it's needed at import time.

I forget the other required fields for importing data but I gave up in the end because it was taking too much time. Now, at the end of each month I look at the total for each product in WHMCS's reporting and make a single entry against each nominal code. Ultimately, I have no need for all that customer and invoice data to be broken down inside Sage as it's all in WHMCS. Programatically, it frustrated the life out of me because it wasn't as simple as it should be!!

That said, if you find a simple way, please do share 8)