How I solved SPAM support ticket import issue

alesf77

Hi!

I just got solved my problem with several spam support ticket beeing imported by WHMCS every day.

Here is my situation.

I had two support department, with two different e-mail address, which were imported to whmcs by PIPE function. I cancel PIPE function and made forwarders to newly open gmail account. So at this point all e-mails go to gmail account. Now gmail sort no spam emails and spam email ( witch goes directly to gmail spam folder). All non-spam email stays in gmail inbox folder. So I made forwarder in gmail back to my my hosting server where WHMC is located. I made new e-mail address, lets say support1@mydomain.com and made PIPE function to my WHMCS. This way I get all non-spam emails to WHMCS to both support departments.

Im aware gmail spam control is not 100% accurate, but it is still easier for me to check gmail spam folder every x days, than delete tens of spam support ticket in WHMCS every day.

I now there are some improvments in new verison, but so far this works for me at the moment best way.

Regards,

Ales

Since I provide hosting on a reseller cPanel/WHM account I don't have full control of a server... And when piping default cpanel anti-spam and spam assist tools seems not to work as they should.

I shall trust gmail to get this job done for me. :)

This is how we combat spam in WHMCS and for all our clients on our servers.....

We have reduced spam but at least 95% on all our servers with:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=64469&highlight=assp

When you see the reports, you would be surprised how much email that attempts to pass through the server that is real spam compared to the real delivered email....

Its 1000:1 ratio easy....

Note: never had a client mention they are not getting any of their real mail, and once we implemented ASSP, we got a ton of feedback from our customer thinking the mail server was broken because they weren't getting the volume of email they are so used to getting everyday... But it turns out, it was all spam.... I asked them if they want us deliver the spam to them, we can do it they really want the spam. Its totally configurable from the server, to the domain, to the end user mailbox. Very flexable....

Its a must have for your cpanel dedicated or VPS servers. My 2 cents.

If you are looking for solution that also works very well but costs $$$, try: http://www.configserver.com/

Yes, ASSP, cPanel MailScanner Service and a few other work very well... Even a well-tuned default install of the control panel (CP, Plesk, DA etc) + spamassasin with RDJ + Bayesan filters can be extremely effective.

Unfortunately, as Ales pointed out, when you are not root, you can't install them for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

I just got solved my problem with several spam support ticket beeing imported by WHMCS every day.

Here is my situation.

I had two support department, with two different e-mail address, which were imported to whmcs by PIPE function. I cancel PIPE function and made forwarders to newly open gmail account. So at this point all e-mails go to gmail account. Now gmail sort no spam emails and spam email ( witch goes directly to gmail spam folder). All non-spam email stays in gmail inbox folder. So I made forwarder in gmail back to my my hosting server where WHMC is located. I made new e-mail address, lets say support1@mydomain.com and made PIPE function to my WHMCS. This way I get all non-spam emails to WHMCS to both support departments.

Im aware gmail spam control is not 100% accurate, but it is still easier for me to check gmail spam folder every x days, than delete tens of spam support ticket in WHMCS every day.

I now there are some improvments in new verison, but so far this works for me at the moment best way.

Regards,

Ales

Can you please put your Plesk Cron job Code here. I get it working, it's very frustrating.

I dont use any cron job. I use cpanel on my server. I just set up forwarders in cpanel mail menu, and set up forward in gmail setting option. It still works ok for me, since I just have a reseller account on sever, with no root access.

But how do you import the mail then? Do you use pop with Gmail?

• 5 weeks later...
I dont use any cron job. I use cpanel on my server. I just set up forwarders in cpanel mail menu, and set up forward in gmail setting option. It still works ok for me, since I just have a reseller account on sever, with no root access.

But how do you import the mail then? Do you use pop with Gmail?

He uses email piping - see the bit where he says he "sets up forwarders in cpane mail menu" above.