API Calls throw command not found error

karthioffshore

Hi All

I had been using the WHMCS version 4.0.2. Recently I had a requirement such that I want to display all the announcements created inside my WHMCS portal in my clients website through JSON/ XML calls.

I found that there is an API call related to announcements in WHMCS WIKI.

http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Get_Announcements

But when I tried out in my application I got an exception saying that "Command Not Found"

I do have a doubt whether this command is specific to latest WHMCS versions. Can you guys please confirm whether this API command will work in 4.0.2 version or not?

4.0.2 is extremely old, I'd be willing to bet the API function isnt available in it. Theres probably quite a few that are not.

Why have you not upgraded to something more recent? I'm sure theres a ton of security issues in that version, including the most recent one regarding {php} tags within support tickets. As far as I know, they did not back port the patch that far in versions.