Custom fields in admin email templates

moonpi

I am trying place custom fields in the Admin Messages email templates, but the custom fields are failing to populate. The custom fields contain pertinent info that is needed in the emails sent to our support techs when a support ticket is created or responded to.

When I place the same fields in the email templates for Support Messages to the customer using {$client_custom_field_fieldnamehere} and/or {$client_custom_fields.0}, they work perfectly and the fields are populated in the messages received by the customer. It only fails to populate the fields when sending the Admin Messages emails to our techs.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? I really need to get this working. Any help is appreciated!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys/anyone who can help,

I know this is an old thread but i am a new WHMCS user and i am having the exact same problem described above. Even trying the suggested solution does not work. I have tried almost every combination of 'variable' name but i cannot seem to get it to appear in the admin emails. I can see the custom field is being added to the appropriate table in the WHMCS database but it just does not appear. Any official solution to this or something i should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sam