Support Ticket creation does not send an email

XD2S

I am just setting up support departments with one for project management for my clients. I am using my own client account as a test for this and I attached a contact to make sure they receive outgoing emails, which for the system emails they did.

However when I go onto the client summary and the click to "Open New Support Ticket" once done no email gets sent to the client to inform them of this.

If I add a reply to the ticket I opened, then that email goes to the client and contact ok and I know my cron for check emails works. So I am not sure why the first one didn't go out. Or does it not work that way.

I would prefer to be able to open new projects for clients and they get emailed right away than having to create the project then a reply telling them they have to now login to see the first message.

Can anyone offer any advice on this.

Thanks

David

Never mind it appears to be working now, I tried 3 tickets and nothing, I posted this and then sent one using a different department and it worked. So I tried another to the first department and that worked as well.

I will presume something glitched somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

David

Solution!

Sorry final reply in case anyone has the same, the issue was cause by attachments being added. If it was a new ticket or reply the attachment prevented the email due to the attachment folder not having the right permissions.

So if anyone else gets this, that is probably why.

David