[NOT A BUG] Opening a ticket for client from admin the email is missing ticket detail

• WHMCS CEO

As far as I'm aware no, there have not been any changes to it. The admin open ticket notification is intended to appear to customers simply like a regular email being sent to them, no references to tickets apart from the subject for piping in replies.

Matt

You are quite right I just checked back through our tickets and previous ticket emails opened by admins were without header and footer. I must have just noticed it as I was playing with email templates at the time.

However this does seem odd to me, the point of opening a ticket for a client is so that responses can be tracked etc so not having the client be instantly aware that it is a ticket and that they can track and respond to it seems a mistake, otherwise might as well just send them an email instead. Anyway thanks for letting us edit it anyway, best of both worlds I guess. :)

Anyway sorry while I am here another issue, the email template editor is not working correctly, in the variables list at the bottom you used to be able to click the links to insert the variable, now this only works in chrome and FF and only for the default language, if you put the cursor in an alternative language it just inserts it into the top of the default language pain.

In IE9 it does not seem to work at all.