Default email option in new invoice screen

jrnetwork

I've noticed since I've updated to 5.02, there is a drop-down list of options for the sending of an email when you do up a new manual invoice, and the default option is "Invoice Payment Confirmation".

Wouldn't it make sense for the default option to be "Invoice Created". I nearly clicked on "Send Email" with the "Invoice Payment Confirmation" option selected by default, which would have been annoying for the client.

I preferred the option before where you entered the invoice details etc and then only had to press one button to deliver the invoice. Now you have to remember to drop down the list and select the correct option first.

Not sure if it's just me, but that seems like a usability issue.

• 1 month later...

+1

Add our name to the list of WHMCS users making this simple mistake and sending an email that makes no sense out to our customer.

Even putting "Select an Option" in as a default will keep this from happening or set it to "Invoice Created".

Wonder if all the new features in a release had some kind of colour change or small icon next to it so that we would know to take a second look.

Thanks for listening!

Deirdre Smith

Server and Technical Support

Spinning Frog Internet Services