Quantum Vault question

john_h

Hi all,

I am looking into merchant gateways and looking into Quantum Vault and its integration with WHMCS as decscribed by Matt here:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=25451

How does it work?

1. The customer leaves your site to perform 3D Secure authentication (exactly the same as they already do now) but the difference is they enter their card details once they've left your site aswell so that the card details never pass through your site

2. The customer can still edit their card held on file at any time from the client area

3. WHMCS can still request the card is rebilled whenever needed meaning fully automated recurring billing can continue as before and manual captures at any time are also still possible - it's just like you have the card details stored locally

Can someone help me better understand #1 listed above?

What is 3D secure authentication and why does it say exactly the same as they do now?

What I really want to understand is the part where it says "once they've left your site aswell so that the card details never pass through your site". So it sounds like 2Checkout/PayPal where a user will need to sign up for service using WHMCS but then once they pick CC as their payment method, WHMCS forwards the user to a Quantum Vault web site where they have to enter in their CC info? What does this page look like?

Thanks!