WHMCS Password Manager >> Securely Store and Receive Password Information

WHMCS Password Manager

By iHelpHosts.com

WHMCS Password Manager is an admin area addon that allows you to securely store server passwords in an encrypted format in your database. This utility is useful for storing passwords for server management customers, VPS main nodes, or any other server password that you need stored. It also enables you to collect sensitive login information from your clients in a more secure format.

Important Note: You must have mCrypt compiled in your PHP build for this software to work. If you don't have this, we can install it for a nominal fee.

Pricing & Ordering Information

• 7 Day Free Trial - FREE [order now]
  • Monthly Lease - $6.00 Per Month [order now]
  • Yearly License - $24.95 Per Year [order now]
  • Owned License - $60.00 One Time [order now]
  • Developer License - $120.00 One Time [order now] (Includes full source code access excluding proprietary encryption classes/functions.)

Branding removal can be purchased at a rate of 25% of the license cost and can be ordered during order or at anytime after from the client area.

Each Owned License and Developer License purchased includes 6 months of support and download access. Once expired, extensions of your support and download access can be purchased at a cost $15.00 per 6 months for Owned Licenses and $30.00 per 6 months for Developer Licenses. Monthly and Yearly Leased Licenses include support and download access for the duration of the lease period.

Contact Information

Have a question before signing up? Please click here to contact us.

Screenshots / Demo

Admin Area [screenshot]

Client Area Key Generator Form [screenshot]

Client Area Key Generator Result [screenshot]

Live Client Side Demo: https://www.ihelphosts.com/passkey.php

Key Features & Capabilities

1. Securely Store Server Logins - Store passwords for your server management clients, VPS nodes, or any other server passwords. Your passwords will be entered into your WHMCS database in a highly secure encrypted format. You can then access, edit, or delete your server information directly from your WHMCS admin area.
  2. Room For All Your Data - Includes fields for friendly display name, IP address, server port, username, and password. Add as much as you want or as little as you want!
  3. Secure Password Key Generator - What if your WHMCS database were to be compromised? Or one of your clients' WHMCS passwords were compromised. Would the hacker find a world full of server or account logins that they could use to their advantage? Avoid an embarrassing and complicated situation such as this by using Password Keys! Your clients will enter their username and password on your website and will be provided a secure Password Key to provide to you. You can then decrypt this Password Key directly from your WHMCS admin area. No more unencrypted login details in tickets!
  4. High Level Security - All passwords stored and secure Password Keys are generated using advanced two-way encryption mechanisms using encryption keys. Each installation is generated a unique encryption key - ensuring that only your installation can decrypt your database. Even if someone else were using our software or got ahold of your database, they would be unable to decrypt any logins without your custom encryption key.

Disclaimer

We are not affiliated with WHMCS in any manner.

*** SPECIAL OFFER ***

Purchase a WHMCS Password Manager Owned License at full price and receive a WHMCS Audit Reports Owned License for FREE!

Must use signup URL: https://www.ihelphosts.com/cart.php?a=add&bid=2

BONUS: Can be used with our "20OFF" promotion until December 11, 2011.

Free license offer valid through December 31, 2011. Once it's gone, it's gone!!

Edited by nhudson

Is the module open source? Can I see and edit the codes?

Hello,

No, the module is encoded for several reasons:

#1: Security - If someone were to gain access to our proprietary encryption class, they could easily decrypt any password protected by our software. There are 2 encryption keys used in this module - one that is encoded within the software itself and one that is unique to each installation. Having the key encoded in the software ensures that, even if someone were to get your unique encryption key, they'd not be able to decrypt the passwords as they wouldn't have the 2nd necessary encryption key embedded directly into the file.

#2: To enforce licensing restrictions. Unfortunately, not everyone can be trusted these days.

The client-visible form has a template file that is open source, but aside from that, everything is encoded.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the support earlier, i bet we are both glad we found that small overlooked issue :D

Got another question for you, is there anyway to insert this into the support tickets area of whmcs, so if a client is putting a ticket in they can click the password manager to send the key through to us?

Thanks.

Hmmmm, I'll have to think about this a little and come up with a wise approach to handling it. I do see where having it right on the support ticket page would be handy, just need to think how to implement it. Thanks for the idea!

Can this be expanded so usernames are included in the server manager? I see only spaces for the IP address and password. Might also be handy to have a name field for the server name.

Simple enough - I will have this added within the next 24 hours, thanks for the suggestion :)

Either really, just makes it easier to identify the server when you have 50+ in front of you :)

OK, sounds good. It's 6 AM here, and I'm headed to bed, but I will get this coded in when I get back to working for the day. I've opened a ticket on your account and will update you with a file once it's completed :)

OK, sounds good. It's 6 AM here, and I'm headed to bed, but I will get this coded in when I get back to working for the day. I've opened a ticket on your account and will update you with a file once it's completed :)

Fields for the following have been added:

- Friendly/Display Name

- Port

I've also updated it so the form fields don't show unless you're intending to edit that server. Looks a little bit tidier now.

Existing users simply download and upload the new functions.php and passwordmanager.php files to upgrade. Database changes will take place automatically.

Fields for the following have been added:

- Friendly/Display Name

- Port

I've also updated it so the form fields don't show unless you're intending to edit that server. Looks a little bit tidier now.

Existing users simply download and upload the new functions.php and passwordmanager.php files to upgrade. Database changes will take place automatically.

Maybe you should update the screenshot to reflect these? ;)