Dedicated servers for clients

Santo

You can already create a didicated or VPS client, by assigning the product to that category. It does not automatically configure it (or in your words associate a server) for you, since that requires manual intervention and setup.

sorry, maybe i did not express myself.

We have already clients using the product Dedicated Server or VPS. What we need to do is assign a server so we can track costs.

How can i assign one server to one client for dedicated/vps?

For shared, you can select the server anytime in the users account.

Cheers,

sorry, maybe i did not express myself.

We have already clients using the product Dedicated Server or VPS. What we need to do is assign a server so we can track costs.

How can i assign one server to one client for dedicated/vps?

For shared, you can select the server anytime in the users account.

Cheers,

Hey,

Are you trying to add a cost for your clients server, like you would normally would for a shared and reseller hosting account?

From,

Adam

Hey,

Are you trying to add a cost for your clients server, like you would normally would for a shared and reseller hosting account?

From,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Yes. We have setup a new server, but we can't assign it to a client like we do with Shared accounts. that way its impossible to track costs for that server.

So, we go into configuration and create a new server. Then we go to the Dedicated Server Client and there is no visible way to assign that new server to this clients account..

In this way its impossible to track server profit on the Dedicated/VPS clientes.

Anyone has any ideas? Or should we bring this to Matts attention?

Cheers and thank you for your help.

• WHMCS CEO

You should not be entering clients servers into your WHMCS servers list for hosting accounts. Costs should be entered as amounts out when you pay the server costs and then the profit reports will show you how much income you had, how much expenditure and therefore the profit.

Matt

You should not be entering clients servers into your WHMCS servers list for hosting accounts. Costs should be entered as amounts out when you pay the server costs and then the profit reports will show you how much income you had, how much expenditure and therefore the profit.

Matt

Sorry Matt but i don't follow you...

For Shared Hosting accounts all is working fine and profit is calculated with no problems.

For Dedicated/VPS, where should i input the costs?

More so with VPS since on the same server there will be 8 to 32 clients depending on the plans sold...

So, can you please explain the steps involved to setup server costs for VPS and Dedicated offers?

Thank you for the support.

Best regards,

Carlos