Custom Template Help

Hi there,

I had a custom template made and want to change something. Now I know what you think...."Get the person who designed it to change it". I would like to start learning how to do this. It cannot be that hard....I think.

If you look at intouchweb.co.za/billing/whmcs/order.php you will see that the table (I think that's what it is) background is white. So is the text. The problem is that you cannot read the text. I want to change the background to black. I tried the style.css files as well as the .tpl files but I cannot find where to change this.

If someone can just steer me in the right direction, I would be immensely grateful.

Regards,

Swannie

• 2 months later...

Hi,

There is still one more thing I'd like to change. My site background is black. The only place I still strugle with is the summary. I need to have the background black and the text white. Please see image.

intouchweb.co.za/temp/help.gif

I tried everything I think the file to change is intouchweb.co.za/billing/whmcs/templates/orderforms/singlepage/order-stepfour.tpl. As soon as I change anything in this file, I cannot go past order-stepthree

I hope this makes sense and someone can help.

Swannie

:x:x:x:x [/img]

Hi,

Sorry now I have mad 15 posts and can post a pic.

There is still one more thing I'd like to change. My site background is black. The only place I still strugle with is the summary. I need to have the background black and the text white. Please see image.

help.gif

I tried everything I think the file to change is http://www.intouchweb.co.za/billing/whmcs/templates/orderforms/singlepage/order-stepfour.tpl. As soon as I change anything in this file, I cannot go past order-stepthree

I hope this makes sense and someone can help.

Swannie[/img]

A lot of Matt's coding for tables have inline styles. This means that most appearances of tables through the TPL files, will have various colors applied to it, that aren't using CSS (cascading stylesheets.)

You will have to go to order-stepfour.tpl, and at the top of the page, you'll see the box that displays your invoice. There you will see the inline colors that stylize that box. You'll have to change the colors there, or use CSS to style. Since you're not too aware of what you're doing, you'll have to just change the bgcolor="" area instead, since that'll be the easiest method to take.