PayPal Express Checkout from invoice

HostWinds

Paypal express checkout appears to work in it's entirety, however it also shows up on new invoices, and when client's try to pay using it (from an invoice) isntead of during checkout it returns the following error on the paypal page

"

Return to merchant

Error Message

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."

• WHMCS CEO

Do you definately have the regular PayPal module enabled? This error message is relating to the standard paypal checkout process because express checkout is only possible during checkout. So an invoice viewed that is assigned to PayPal Express uses the regular PayPal module for it's payments - or should do at least

Matt

I posted this in the general V5 discussion thread, but it seems this is a more relevant place:

Possibly this has been brought up somewhere in the past week or so, but I'd also like to note an issue here. I like the PayPal Express Checkout option, but I've currently disabled it because enabling it results both in the PayPal-provided logo appearing (which is good) and "PayPal Express Checkout" appearing as a radio button option alongside 'normal' PayPal (which is bad). The latter is particularly bad because, when you click on 'Express Checkout' to pay, it gives you an error, as the previous poster here mentioned.

I tried unticking "Show on Order Form" to see if that'd remove the radio buttons but leave the icon on the signup form, but that didn't happen. Is it possible to have this module only display the icon, and not any other reference - or alternatively to merge it into the default PayPal module, whereby clicking the radio button would just send you through the normal PayPal (or PayPal Subscribe) process? Having a "PayPal Express" option that doesn't work is unfortunately a bit confusing here.

To make things clearer, I've attached a few screenshots:

express1.png - this one works, it's the PayPal Express logo, and is fine

express2.png - this shouldn't show up at all, in my opinion. It doesn't work.

express3.png - this also shouldn't show up. It also doesn't work.

Thanks!

express1.jpg

express2.jpg

express3.png

Edited by orudge

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO

Selecting the PayPal Express radio button payment method option (which can be renamed btw) shouldn't result in any error, it should just lead the user through the normal PayPal checkout routine. So will check into that.

The whole point of the Express checkout PayPal option is to auto fill in the users name and address information on the order form, so if the user gets as far as choosing a payment method which comes after their details entry, then really the benefit of using express checkout is lost, and this is also why express serves no purpose from recurring invoices, and hence why the module requires the standard PayPal module to be enabled also.

But will check into that checkout flow issue.

Matt