Paymate Log In After Payment

tobbit

Hi All,

Have installed the Paymate gateway for WHMCS on WHMCS 5, and been doing some testing. I get the fact that Paymate clearly doesn't return payment information straight away - but after payment has been made, I'm returned to the client page and have to log in again (it is attempting to send me to the invoice page, from the URL I can see).

Shouldn't the gateway be able to return the client to the logged in state of their client area? The existing gateway is encrypted, of course, so I can't modify anything other than the Merchant Code. Do I have to write a new gateway in order to do what I want, or has anyone managed to find a way to do this?

Thanks for any advice.

Toby.

Hi All,

I also posted a support request for this, and just in case it helps anyone in the future, I've included Matt's reply below:

Hi Toby,

Yes, providing the client has not been off site for any longer than a certain time (the session timeout length on your server) then the client should be returned and still logged in from before they left. There is no reason that WHMCS would log the client out, and nothing the gateway or module for the gateway has to do in order for that to happen, it's simply controlled by browser cookies/sessions. The only thing I can imagine might be happening here - if the time off site isn't long - would be a change of domain so you need to make sure that the exact domain entered in Setup > General Settings where the user will be returned to matches the domain that you are using to login from for your testing.

Regards,

Matt