Free Trial

monthlyweb

Hi.

I have added a product to my system and use the API to let a user add this product on our website. I have also associated a promotion code with this product.

It is going to be 1 whole month free providing they subscribe. So I added a onetime discount of 9.95 (The product costs 9.95) to give the user full discount on the first month and then force a subscription.

The problem is the system doesnt take away the whole 9.95 it leaves £1 as a payment to be made. I dont want to give the user the first month for £1, it is a free trial!?

Please let me know if you can advise me on this.

Kind Regards

J

No, I don't have that option available. Just don't know what to do, it doesnt make sense. Tried to install the free trial add on too but that wasnt any help.

the option wil be available in WHMCS

in your admin area open up the product you have for 9.95 and then open pricing then scrol down and you will see Prorata Billing make sure this is unticked

Sorry I do have that option available, I meant it wasnt ticked. I don't know why it doesnt work. I want the discount to recurr for 2 months. When I hit subscription in PayPal it says Discount price, then continous payments of the discount price where it should outline the two discounts then continous payments of full price.

Support is a nightmare with this thing, I have deadlines to meet and support ticket hasnt been answered in days. :(.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciate the effort.

Sorry I do have that option available, I meant it wasnt ticked. I don't know why it doesnt work. I want the discount to recurr for 2 months. When I hit subscription in PayPal it says Discount price, then continous payments of the discount price where it should outline the two discounts then continous payments of full price.

Support is a nightmare with this thing, I have deadlines to meet and support ticket hasnt been answered in days. :(.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciate the effort.

support is always slower after a new release, you will just nneed to be patient and wait or if its just saying a user has to pay £1 you can either just refund this back to the client or just add as a crediit on their account as a short term fix until Matt or a team member replies to your ticket

Yeah, I guess so. Still a nightmare. Thanks for your help.

Having an issue with automatic login now.

Do you know anything about this.

I validate login which comes back with the userid and hash fine.

But it says to set the session variables of uid and pwh with the returned values of the validate login which I do: http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Validate_Login

But following this it asks for login again.

Instead of going to invoice.php in WHMCS I have tested a redirect to my own script to check if the session variables were set and they are.

Where is the breakdown here, why does it not automatically log the user in? I don't want the user to sign up for an order and then login before paying so it is important. I could probably swerve around the free trial untill support get back to me but this I am completely stuck with, can't think of a reason why it would not work.

Please help if you know anything

Kind Regards

Jamie