Domain Order Bug

Hi,

Please consider the following situation.

1. Clients signs up for a hosting account for domainA.com selecting the option to only change name servers.

2. A few days later he decides to transfer the domain also.

3. When he tries to place a DOMAIN ONLY order for domain transfer, he gets the following error:

Order Failed

The domain you chose is already in our system. This can happen if you are placing an order for a second time for the same domain or if another user has placed an order for this domain which has not yet been processed so the domain still appears available for registration. Please try a different domain.

An order is created which has $0.00 value and nothing assigned to it.

Why is that?

There is a setting under configurations that allows or disallows adding a domain that is already in the system.

UPDATE:

Make sure there is no tick in the box here

configuration > general configuration > order form 

"Block Existing Domains	 Tick this box to prevent orders being placed for domains already in your system"

There is a setting under configurations that allows or disallows adding a domain that is already in the system.

That would prevent duplicate orders for the same domain.

However this is an different issue altogether. There is an existing HOSTING ACCOUNT and the client is now trying to order a DOMAIN TRANSFER.

Hi Salman75,

This may be worth lodging a "Support Ticket" about.

Please let us know, by posting here, if it is a bug when you get a response, as I can see that this would be an issue for us too (if it actually is a bug/limitation/problem).

It makes perfect sense to me that WHMCS should treat a domain name PURCHASE/TRANSFER completely differently to a HOSTING account of that same domain name, as they are not necessarily related and are billled differently.

Cheers,

Paul

This is Matt reply:

The option in WHMCS is to block orders for domains that already exist in the database. That is domains that exist as hosting accounts or domains. So at the current time you are experiencing the expected behaviour. I see no reason why a domain registration request shouldn't be allowed though when only the hosting account exists with the option enabled so I'll add it to the dev list but wouldn't consider it a bug - I'd suggest you just disable it for now if you need to allow an order with a duplicate.

I hope its added soon.

UPDATE:

Make sure there is no tick in the box here

configuration > general configuration > order form 

"Block Existing Domains	 Tick this box to prevent orders being placed for domains already in your system"

So is this the setting you needed to change to keep from having the problem?

Yes, but only for now.

This MAY cause duplicate hosting / domain orders so its NOT a recommended solution.

OK thanks, just wanted to make sure before quoting it to help anyone else that may run into the same problem 8)