PHP.ini / Register Globals

Jordan

So I have another account that I'm setting WHMCS up on...

Upon install I had to recompile apache for cURL support, and also forgot to add my php.ini file to the root directory, admin and install directory.

; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require
; register_globals to be on;  Using form variables as globals can easily lead
; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of.
register_globals = On

That's included in my php.ini file to obviously allow r_g... But! It's not working -=|

I'm still receiving the "Register Globals .......... WHMCS requires.." notice when I run the install.

Kind of puzzled as to what's going on, especially since the php.ini file works (I just downloaded it from my other current install, and only changed my sessions directory in the current php.ini file.)

My php.ini file I'm using:

holdfirebilling.com/php.ini

Any ideas as to what I forgot/screwed up?

Forgive me for wanting to pull out my hair, but did you read my post?

I said that I forgot to add php.ini to the root directory as well as the admin and install directory; However I uploaded the php.ini file to the directories required, and yet WHMcs is not recognizing the configuration that has been applied.

So basically like I had originally said, I have a php.ini in the correlating folders, yet the install file is not reporting it as so, so I'm really don't know what seems to be the problem. I've already tried to clear out cache hoping maybe that was the reason for it not working after I uploaded, but no go so far.

Actually, I wonder if it has anything to do with permission settings.. Gismo, viewing your file brought up 403 forbidden, and made me think of them. If this works, thank you for indirectly helping me!

If it doesn't work (which I'll edit to state) could you save the php.ini as a phpini.txt file so I can access it?

Edit: No =( Could you put that in a txt file still? Thankees!

Yeah, I recompiled apache, and then I uploaded the php.ini files, and have since overwrote the php.ini files a few.. well, many times :3

I guess I can try to restart apache and see if that'll do anything =\

Weird, apparently when I did this server I didn't configure it properly so that php.ini would work in place of .htaccess. I tried the .htaccess method again, and voila.

*dunce*

Hey,

Using php.ini will ONLY work if you have PHP compiled under a CGI state (in SSH type php -v). If you have PHP compiled under CLI then you will need to use .htaccess

Their are many up sides of having PHP compiled under a CGI state which allows you to install suPHP and PHPsuEXEC which lets PHP run under the cpanel user name. If you have PHP compiled under CLI, all php scripts run as nobody.

By having PHP compiled with suPHP and PHPsuEXEC you can not have folders set to CHMOD of 777 (which means anyone in the world can write into these folders - big security risk) but you can also track where emails are coming from PHP scripts.

If you would like, I can compile PHP with suPHP or PHPsuExec on your server for a small fee...

From,

Adam

Adam, compiling PHPsuexec hardly warrants paying someone else to do it when I already know how, and it's not hard at all ;) Appreciate the offer.

But yeah, once I was able to get it to work with htaccess, that's when I realized that I didn't have phpsuexec set up, and have since fixed it anyway ;P