Manual account creation

ckh

I'm going to be completely transferring from another billing solution next month, purchased whmcs and am currently playing around with it, getting familiar.

I have one client where I manually set hosting accounts, on a daily basis, each account with a different client name/account etc. Most of them are based on a subdomain.

Previously, I would just manually enter the info on one page, hit a button, and it would send a welcome email with all the hosting info in it, member area, hosting links, etc., which are all billed to the main account.

It seems that whmcs is going to be a multiprocess routine where I first create the client then add an order to the clients account for setting up the hosting account which then sends out an email which looks like the email consists mostly of the member area stuff and not the actual cPanel hosting info.

So, my question is, is this the process or way it needs to be done then or is there a quicker step in doing it? It would basically be signing up for a free account, so, I guess I could create a special signup page and do the signup's myself if this would be quicker.

Setup the package, add an order to the client, activate the order but untick the create account + send welcome email boxes, then go to the clients hosting account properties page, fill in the username and password then select the new account and at the bottom choose send email > new account information message :)

If you choose paypal subscription when adding the order, it doesn't send out any sort of invoice :)

It's complicated a bit by you needing to add a new client each time but it's not so bad - all you need to do is create the client account, uncheck the send welcome email box, then do the above. There's no need for the system to send any emails other than when you tell it to :) (so long as you do all this through the admin area)