Automatic domain reg. question

rbro

I was under the impression that a new domain registration as part of an order for a new hosting account (or even by itself) would not be sent to Enom and actually registered until the order was approved by an admin. However, I had a new signup yesterday, who ordered a hosting account with a new domain reg. and the domain was registered with Enom upon signup. I didn't actually approve the new account until today, but when I did it gave me a link to register the new domain with the registrar, however as I said, the domain got auto-registered yesterday upon signup and prior to my approving the pending order. How do I set things up so that domain registrations do not actually go through until an admin approves it?

You must have enabled automatic registration in Configuration > Domain Pricing.

Yes, you are correct. I guess I assumed "automatic" simply meant it could be reg'd/renewed from WHMCS, without having to manually do it at the registrar, but would still allow an admin to approve it first. So if I disable automatic reg., and a customer places a new domain order or wants to renew a domain, will it show up as a pending order and allow me to reg./renew it through WHMCS?

Can I get some further clarification on this? Is there not a way to have a domain automatically registered in the same way an account gets automatically set up on a cpanel server? i.e. automatically created, but only upon admin activation, or at least the option to do so?