Amazon SimplePay?

Vinsar

Any one using "Amazon SimplePay" or Checkout by Amazon?

Is it like Paypal/AlertPay/Authorize?

Any reviews if they are good or not and how's their support, and is it easy to use and integrate?

I searched and found only one thread in the feature request forum, nothing much there, regarding operational issues and reviews.

• 4 months later...

I signed up yesterday & today I got this?

"Hello from Amazon Payments.

Thank you for registering for Amazon Payments.

Upon reviewing your website, we understand that you intend to use Checkout by Amazon for selling online services. "Checkout by Amazon" does not support services at this time. Consequently, we are not able to activate your Amazon Payments account.

Please reply back to this e-mail if you have any further questions. We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Seller Performance

Amazon Payments!

What on earth do they mean?

I dont know about that, and app from their appstore would be a non physical good. I have also seen some other isps using Amazon payments... maybe theres a middle area where they dont know if they should support.

I was going to look into Amazon payments as well.

Edit: Offer Amazon Payments as a payment option for digital or virtual goods and services. https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/business/asp

Maybe toss a inquiry back to amazon because it says the support digital goods.

.. on another note 5% +5c is steep if under 10$ transaction

Edited by tripler

Hello from Amazon Payments.

We are sorry that we were not clear on our earlier message on why we could not accept your application with Amazon Payments.

Checkout by Amazon is currently designed to support the sales of physical goods and does not support online services at this time. Consequently, we are not able to open your Amazon Payments account.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for choosing Amazon Payments.

Regards,

Seller Performance

Amazon Payments

I can confirm that you did apply for the incorrect account.

I opened a Amazon Business Simple Pay account and was approved. The only lengthy process is they need to manually verify you if you are a corporation. But it did not take long, my bank took care of it.

Now to get it integrated =)

I dont question I may have applied for the incorrect account, but Amazon sucks at customer care, they use small syllables & very short sentences to just kick you out without any consideration whatsoever.

All they has to do was point me in the right direction but no they just close all the doors.

They are the worst ever, even worse than eBay to sellers.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.