PayPal subscriptions

chrishaley

How does WHMCS handle PayPal invoices? I have a user that paid originally via PayPal, and her renewal time came around, but she doesn't have an invoice to pay...I logged into the system as her and I didn't see anything showing that she had a balance due either, but when I log into the admin area, it shows her PayPal Subscription payment as due...

Any help is appreciated. :)

• WHMCS CEO

Why would she need reminding she has a subscription payment due? The whole thing about PayPal Subscriptions is that they are automatic so she doesn't need an invoice to pay. With WHMCS, when a subscription payment is made, a receipt is sent to the user for the payment and the due date is incremented by 1 billing cycle period. No invoice is created for it - hence the two payment gateways PayPal & PayPal Invoices. It's up to you which method you use.

Regards,

Matt

• 3 months later...
Why would she need reminding she has a subscription payment due? The whole thing about PayPal Subscriptions is that they are automatic so she doesn't need an invoice to pay. With WHMCS, when a subscription payment is made, a receipt is sent to the user for the payment and the due date is incremented by 1 billing cycle period. No invoice is created for it - hence the two payment gateways PayPal & PayPal Invoices. It's up to you which method you use.

Regards,

Matt

Matt businesses require more than a receipt sometimes, how hard (coding wise) can it be to generate an invoice and simply mark it as paid when a callback is received from PayPal confirming the client has indeed successfully paid by automatic subscription? I personally would like to see an invoice generated X days before hand also, sure PayPal takes care of actual payment but it's good business manners and practice to send the client an invoice (or at least, generate one and mark it as paid).

I realise there are two gateways here, but this script needs to be flexible even if this feature is only useful to 10 people and causes them to sign up you've generated yourself an extra $1700 - I can't imagine this is a hard feature to implement so the time to $ ratio here is really good!

If you need anymore persuading then in my particular situation as a user of WHMAP my clients have become very used to receiving a notice 5 days before *any* payment is due and having an invoice they can print off for their records which is fully branded (i.e. generated by WHMAP). You've spent the time writing a decent WHMAP -> WHMCS conversion script you surely don't want to lose all of those lost WHMAP clients by not implementing something like this.

Please consider it.

Andrew

Matt has confirmed to me that the "generate an invoice and mark it paid when a payment is received" feature will be added as I described in a future . release.

While it might not be to everyones taste for others it is an essential piece of functionality which is relatively easy to implement. I appreciate Matt agreeing to add this per gateway.

Andrew

Matt has confirmed to me that the "generate an invoice and mark it paid when a payment is received" feature will be added as I described in a future . release.

While it might not be to everyones taste for others it is an essential piece of functionality which is relatively easy to implement. I appreciate Matt agreeing to add this per gateway.

Andrew

I thought that was already in there?

Kyle

Andrew

I thought that was already in there?

Kyle

Not for automatic subscriptions services like PayPal and WorldPay FuturePay apparently. This is what he is going to add in.

Andrew

There is a "Mark Paid" button for PayPal Subscription payments.

Invoices are not generated when someone sends in a subscription payment via PayPal or FuturePay currently. I would like to see this, Matt agrees and therefore this feature is going to be implemented in a future release.

Andrew