Could not connect to the database on installation

ddenev

Hi guys,

I have this problem on Windows XP with Apache 2.2.4, MySQL 4.1.22 and PHP 5.22. I tried all possible steps (described in another topic in the Pre-Sales forum) to fix this but still no luck with DB connection.

I can connect with phpMyAdmin with my WHMCS user and password. My configuration.php is properly written (no problem with the permissions). I also use very simple username and password (whmcs). I have other DB applications running on the same machine and I'm pretty familiar with php and mysql development. This problem occurs to me for the first time.

If I can't solve this I wouldn't be able to evaluate WHMCS and I'm really willing to use it. Please, help.

P.S.: on the top of the screen with the DB message there is a line (I've enabled php error display): Notice: Use of undefined constant E_NONE - assumed 'E_NONE' in D:\Services\Apache\htdocs\whmcs\install\install.php on line 0

I don't know if this woould cause any problem.

Can it be a problem with my trial license? I have two of them in my client area, but none of them is tied to any domain

Found the solution. It turned out that you guys use short php tags and they were disabled in my php.ini.

I think you should fix your sources. Here is a quote from my php.ini:

; Allow the <? tag.  Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
; NOTE: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or
; libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP
; servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not
; be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code,
; be sure not to use short tags.
short_open_tag = On

best regards