What triggers domain renewal in Enom?

rbro

Do you read?

If auto-renewal is enabled the request will be sent as soon as the invoice is paid. Check the activity log for errors.

Matt

OK, smart guy. Where does one enable auto-renewal and what if it's not enabled, would an invoice still get generated but just not the renewal request to enom?

Do you read?

If auto-renewal is enabled the request will be sent as soon as the invoice is paid. Check the activity log for errors.

Matt

OK, smart guy. Where does one enable auto-renewal and what if it's not enabled, would an invoice still get generated but just not the renewal request to enom?

1. config > domain pricing

2. yes

Do you read?

Matt

2. yes

That's automatic registration through Enom. Renewals will be automated as well just by choosing the registrar in Domain pricing? Does that mean every domain with Enom as a registrar will attempt to be renewed when it's due, or does the client have control over whether they want it to renew and if so, where would they specify whether they want it renewed or not?

Do you read?

Matt

2. yes

That's automatic registration through Enom. Renewals will be automated as well just by choosing the registrar in Domain pricing? Does that mean every domain with Enom as a registrar will attempt to be renewed when it's due, or does the client have control over whether they want it to renew and if so, where would they specify whether they want it renewed or not?

Ah, I see your point. I'm fairly sure that enabling automatic registration will also enable automatic renewals :)

As for control over renewal - if they don't want it renewed, best not to pay the invoice really!

Anyhow my point that you're posting extra threads when you could've just replied to Matt's post in your other one still stands :P:)

As for control over renewal - if they don't want it renewed, best not to pay the invoice really!

Yeah, but if a cron runs and the invoice is automatically charged......I'm just trying to avoid the "Hey I didn't want to renew that domain name!" scenario, as it's sometimes difficult to get a refund from a registrar (although Enom has been pretty good about it). So ideally, the customer would be able to choose if he wants it auto-renewed or not, but I don't see how to do that logged in as a client....maybe I'm missing some configuration option somewhere....and yeah, sorry about all the threads, but I'm just learning my way around this stuff and I figure it's better to post here first before bugging Matt....

Yeah, but if a cron runs and the invoice is automatically charged......I'm just trying to avoid the "Hey I didn't want to renew that domain name!" scenario, as it's sometimes difficult to get a refund from a registrar (although Enom has been pretty good about it). So ideally, the customer would be able to choose if he wants it auto-renewed or not, but I don't see how to do that logged in as a client....maybe I'm missing some configuration option somewhere....and yeah, sorry about all the threads, but I'm just learning my way around this stuff and I figure it's better to post here first before bugging Matt....

But auto charging only happens after the client has been notified, assuming you generate invoices in advance :)

But auto charging only happens after the client has been notified, assuming you generate invoices in advance :)

True, but client could be out of town etc. It's probably built into WHMCS anyway and I just don't know where. If not it should be a feature request. Client should be able to specify in advance if he wants his domain auto-renewed.

True, but client could be out of town etc. It's probably built into WHMCS anyway and I just don't know where. If not it should be a feature request. Client should be able to specify in advance if he wants his domain auto-renewed.

I guess that'd be nice - I think Matt's exploring better domain renewal notices. There was a poll on some options recently, such as 60/30/7/1 day reminders etc :)