Enom - renewal question

rbro

If I have a domain in my Enom "portfolio" that I wish to renew, but it's not in WHMCS, is it possible to set it up in WHMCS to renew, or does it need to have already existed in WHMCS? IOW, can I renew a domain that's not yet in WHMCS somehow through Enom and how would I best do that?

Yep, you need to use the add order process, that is how you add it manually to the system.

Matt

Won't I get an error from Enom saying "Domain already registered"? Is there a workaround? Also, since I only want my client to be billed for the renewal, would you recommend I place the order and then delete the invoice, mark it as paid or cancel it?

• WHMCS CEO

You would only got that error if you tried to register the domain. Once you've placed the order, you shouldn't be trying to register it and there's no workaround needed - just don't do it! Although even you do, the error isn't going to harm anything. As for the invoice, place the order with PayPal Subscriptions so an invoice doesn't even get created.

Matt

You would only got that error if you tried to register the domain. Once you've placed the order, you shouldn't be trying to register it and there's no workaround needed - just don't do it! Although even you do, the error isn't going to harm anything. As for the invoice, place the order with PayPal Subscriptions so an invoice doesn't even get created.

Matt

So I should choose to transfer the domain in the order form as opposed to register new? I forget where in the process it actually gets sent to the registrar.

Not sure how to do this order. The order form will return an error if I try to register a domain that's already registered. If I try to transfer it I'm asked for a "transer secret", so how should I place this order?