External Script

tj

I remember in version 2.3 there was the feature to run external scripts according to certain products and services once their ordered/payed for etc... I was wondering where this went? (ie: am i just blind?)

It would be ideal for the way in which we would like to handle the sales of a certain product.

Can anyone shed some light? :)

Thanks

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

This feature is still there. The script run on checkout needs to be placed in a file in the includes folder called "checkoutscript.php" (or something like that). It should be enabled to run in the "configuration.php" file where you enter your database and license details. There are two variables you can use $hostingid and $domainid. This allows you to get the order details out of the database. If either one of those variables is blank, that means that item wasn't ordered - ie. differentiate between product only, domain only, or product & domain orders.

Matt

• 5 months later...

can we get the price of the hosting package out all by itself using this method?

I am planning on doing a percentage of the hosting plan ordered as an affiliate payment using a 3rd party affiliate system (post affiliate pro 3) as I need recurring payments based upon the amount of the actual hosting package ordered because I am paying my affiliates that percentage every month the client referred is with me and I dont want to include anything else like extras, setup fee, domain fee, to be part of the total the percentage is based upon.

unless I am missing something your affiliate system only allow one time affiliate fees, and if you use a percentage, it will be based upon the entire bill, not just the hosting package.

• WHMCS CEO
unless I am missing something your affiliate system only allow one time affiliate fees, and if you use a percentage, it will be based upon the entire bill, not just the hosting package.

Yep, you are missing something!

As of V3, the affiliate system can do one time or recurring payments and they are only ever done on the product cost - they never include product addons or domains.

However, for your third party software, you would be able to get the cost of the hosting package by running an SQL query in the checkoutscript.php file.

Matt

wow, i did miss something :).

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about this...

Now, with that feature, I can scrap that 3rd party system too and believe it or not your one product will now take the place of my old system which included lpanel, postaffiliatepro 3 and support trio and use ONE product, yours.

Thanks again!

Heres a testimonial for you

"You ONE product, WHM Complete Solution, has replaced my old solution consisting of lpanel, postaffiliatepro 3 and support trio. Keep up the great work!"