HOW TO: Resize a custom field's displayed field length

By default custom fields all have a field length of 30. Use this code to show a resized field length to what ever you wish.

Eg for customfields[5] resized to show a field of 18 characters...

{$customfields.5.input|replace:'size="30"':'size="18"'}

Cheers,

Paul

• 4 years later...

Thank you Iceman!

And if you need to add something else on the input, such as placeholder, maxlength, onchange, readonly etc. You can do like this:

{$customfields.input|replace:'size="30"':'size="18"'|replace:'>':'maxlength="10" onchange="JavaScript(this)" readonly="readonly" />'}

Note that the

{$customfields.input ...

this time doesn't have a number following, which would act for every custom field within the related code/area.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
This HOWTO doesn't seem to be working for me. Has there been a change to the process for customising the input field length of a custom field?

Maybe it does still work, but the default length is no longer "30". It seems MUCH longer than that on my registration form.

I'm not sure, it still works for me. I'm using WHMCS version 4.4.2. Are you sure you checked everything precisely?