HOW TO: Avoid creating an invoice when placing an order

----------------------

I have edited this post to avoid confusion:

....there is now a "Don't generate invoice" tick box when you place the order from the admin area.

----------------------

To avoid creating an invoice when placing an order set the gateway to PayPal Subscriptions. The domains details can then be edited once it has been added.

Cheers,

Paul

• 3 months later...

Curious...why would you do this?

Would this allow me to add existing accounts from cPanel without creating a billing event, i.e., I have not decided on a billing solution, but I have 30 or so accounts that I would need to add in. I tried this with CE and did not find and easy way to do it.

Other scenarios?

• 2 weeks later...

Right....I've been doing that too. :)

Here's the process I'd been using with 3.1.2 to move customers in manually (manual move helped a lot with data cleanup) and sync their billing dates to the 1st of each month.

Have customer sign up in WHMCS.
    Add product to customer setting payment type as PayPal Subscriptions to avoid invoice generation.
    Change payment type to credit card and set invoice date for the 1st of the next month.
    Manually create an invoice to cover "xx" days (the number of days from the customers last payment through the 1st of the upcoming month.
    The customer then autobills the next month in WHMCS.

I'd done this for 100+ customers with no issues....was quite happy with how WHMCS was working. :)

With WHMCS 3.3, the process changed to....

Have customer sign up in WHMCS.
    Add product to customer checking the option to not generate invoice.
    Change payment type to credit card and set invoice date for the 1st of the next month.
    Manually create an invoice to cover "xx" days (the number of days from the customers last payment through the 1st of the upcoming month.
    The customer then autobills the next month in WHMCS.

Now, suppose that I did this process on the 24th of September (today) but the customer last paid on September 15th-- I'll manually make an invoice for half the month (so the customer is current up through October 1) and I'll let WHMCS auto-bill next on November 1.

What has been happening when the nightly cron job runs is that an invoice was auto-generated for the amount required from September 24 through November 1 -- when it shouldn't have generated an invoice at all (and didn't with 3.1.2).

Now, I'm not quite sure what's wrong here....but just restoring the ability to add a product as "PayPal Subscription" payment would be an ideal fix for me. :)

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...