Ruby/RoR

trine

Trine, here too, it works fine.

Actually, we have it running on a few servers too, but was wondering about the new install too.

Up to now, we've always done it manually, so my question would be more if it went smoothly and perhaps how it installs/using what? (mongrel or fastcgi)

Adam, did you use the installer in /scripts?

Hey,

No, I don't use the /scripts. I manually download Ruby, then the Ruby Gems which from their I can install Rails. I then install FastCGI.

My clients can either install gems on their own, using the export and gem install. They can also email support and we just use the gem install.

But it works great, easy to install and love some of the free scripts that run on Ruby on Rails; Mephisto and Beast.

From,

Adam

yep, we were asking specifically about the new whm installer. it may save some time if it works well.

I create my own bash files which help a whole lot. I got Ruby on Rails patten down to where I run my custom bash script in SSH and then go edit Apache's config to allow FastCGI and I'm good to go. Takes no more then 2 minutes :) .

From,

Adam