WHMCS is creating accounts after failed transactions

Hi,

I have a problem and I may have overlooked some configuration option but for some reason WHMCS will create client accounts after a credit card is declined. It seems that WHMCS is assuming that the transaction will be successful and creates an account for a user as part of the signup process during the process when the payment gateway is processing the card, not after as should be the case. The only activity WHMCS should be performing at this stage is to wait for the authorisation from the Payment Gateway, yet what is happening is several things at once ( payment authorisation and account setup ).

There is probably something I have misconfigured here but figuring this out has eluded me, so could someone give me a few pointers, please? Thanks

Check the module settings tab for the product and that you've got "Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received" set as opposed to "Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed" as otherwise the account will be set up before payment is made. If this is not the case, check the gateway log to see what is being reported for your payments when they are unsucessful.