Ticket email can't get out of WHMCS

redham

Even though I'm not piping the email address when a ticket is submitted from the Client Area it never gets out. Is there any way to change this?

I'm trying to create an email address (technicalsupport@host.com) and forward it to a hired third party support company. I can do that OK BUT I want to use the "Support > Client Area > Support Tickets > Submit Ticket" to create the email/ticket. I mean if your clients are going to use the Client Area it only makes sense to be able to submit Trouble tickets from there.

Matt, would it be possible to wave your magic programing wand and allow the "Submit a Ticket" form to email to an outside address? Just to be able to put a link to the technical support email address from the Client Area Submit a Ticket would help. Even to be able to change the text in the submit a ticket window to say "For technical support email yadayada@domain.com" would be helpful.

I don't know if you remember but I submitted a ticket about trying to pipe to both WHMCS and my end user support. You told me that it couldn't be done because the mail is deleted in WHMCS. I guess this same thing is what is preventing the email from reaching the technicians.

Matt, I can't imagine how busy you must be but would you please help me with a fix/work around for this? If it's too much to do at the moment I understand. I don't guess there many WHMCS users who need to use outside technical support from within the Client Area but still a change in a future release might be a good thing.

I hope I've made my problem understandable. Thanks to anyone who has advice about this.

redham

redham, why not simply use a forwarder for this? That should work perfectly fine for what you are attempting to do.

As far as "Submit a Ticket" form to email to an outside address", if the point would be to send all tickets to an outside support team with their own ticketing system, then you should simply edit the form to send the contents to your 3rd party support, rater than loggin it into your ticket system. For this, you could use the smarty plugin called function.mailto.php.

• WHMCS CEO

You want the submit ticket form instead of opening a ticket to send an email to your external support company? So like trine said, all you need to do is customise the form to not use the ticket system at all. If you are unsure how to do it then open a ticket and we'll discuss it from there.

Hey Redham,

I think you can already achieve this with the current system.

Create an Administrator with the correct department assignment (e,g, "Support" and tick the "Support Tickets Notifications" box.

The corresponding email address will then receive all notifications for the "Support" Department.

Cheers, Ozzie

PS I need to set up something similar, who are you using for tier 1 support?

Hey Redham,

Create an Administrator with the correct department assignment (e,g, "Support" and tick the "Support Tickets Notifications" box.

The corresponding email address will then receive all notifications for the "Support" Department.

Cheers, Ozzie

Ozzie,

Thanks for the out of the box thinking. That sounds as if it might work. I have created the Administrator (actually a Support Operator) with the support email address and checked "receive email notifications when new tickets are opened or responded to". I've sent a test email to my end user support and am waiting for a reply. I'l let you know if it's sucessful.

About the enduser/tier 1 support, check your PM.

Thanks to everyone

Russell

You want the submit ticket form instead of opening a ticket to send an email to your external support company? So like trine said, all you need to do is customise the form to not use the ticket system at all. If you are unsure how to do it then open a ticket and we'll discuss it from there.

Matt and Trine,

Wouldn't modifying the form also effect all support departments? I was under the impression that each support department used the same generic form and just changed some variables. If not then this would be an excellent way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Maybe Ozzie's method will work. If so as an Administrator with the receive a copy of all tickets and replies checked, I can see the tickets and responses between the support department and my client.

Thanks

redham

All approaches mentioned should work. It depends on what you need to accomplish.

You are also correct that the form is actually the same, but with different variables.

Changing the form:

By changing the form to become a "mail" form, you would simply be redirecting all tickets to email, whichever one you choose. The ticket system would no longer log tickets, and you would be relying on the third party support/other ticketing system. You could combine that with a forwarder. Say you have the form send you an email to a forwarder at ticket@you.com. ticket@you.com can be forwarded to you and your third party support.

Using Forwards:

Forwarding can also be used with the ticketing system in place, much like Ozzie's solution, you still use the ticketing system, but have it notify at a forwarder, and anyone in the forwarder will get all new tickets as well as replies.

What ozzie suggests does more or less the same, but is handled internally to WHMCS.

make sense?

Hi trine,

I don't want to change the form to send email because that will affect all of the support departments and I don't want to give up the ticket system. It's a really good feature of WHMCS.

Forwarding can also be used with the ticketing system in place, much like Ozzie's solution, you still use the ticketing system, but have it notify at a forwarder, and anyone in the forwarder will get all new tickets as well as replies.

Yes the forwarder SHOULD work but I can't get it to forward to Third party support.

I'm going to turn this over to my support people and if they can't get it to work then I'll see if I can hire Matt to do a mod to the ticket system.

This is the most energy I've had to put into a problem in a long time and I still don't know what's wrong. :(

Thanks to everyone for the help. I really appreciate your time.

If, No When I get this going I'll reply to this thread and share the solution.

Thanks Bunches

redham

Hey Redham,

Cheers, Ozzie

Ozzie,

You nailed it. After I set it up according to your idea it still didn't work but everyone including myself thought that it should. Couldn't decide if it was in WHMCS or the fault of my end user support. Matt spent some time on it and I sent a ticket to my support staff at the same time.

Finally I got an email from my support saying they had changed their system and whatever they did worked.

Sooo, if anyone is using outside support and still wants to use WHMCS's first class ticket system just create a dummy admin account and check the box that says "Tick this box to receive email notifications when new tickets are opened or responded to" and the department you assigned to the dummy account to will generate an email for each new ticket for that department. Pipe/forward this email address to your outside support and your customers will be able to use the WHMCS Client Area to submit tickets to your outside support.

redham