Authorize.net Gateway Error - HELP

griffe

Hello,

So we are trying to process our first card and we keep getting this error:

Capture Error

An unknown error occurred. Please check the gateway log.

Now I checked the gateway log and it reveals this:

Response Code => 3

Response Subcode => 4

Response Reason Code => 30

Response Reason Text => The configuration with processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider.

Any idea why? My Authorize.net transaction gateway is running:

Current Version: 3.1

I wonder if that would have anything to do with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are a few things you should check, the first two that come to mind:

1. make sure that the url, domain and IP is allowed to transact with Authorize.NET

2. make sure that all your user info is correct in WHMCS (loginID and transaction key). If you are using your password, it won't work.

Response Reason Code => 30 suggests that it is one of the above. This is usually something you can correct yourself, without calling them.

1. make sure that the url, domain and IP is allowed to transact with Authorize.NET

2. make sure that all your user info is correct in WHMCS (loginID and transaction key). If you are using your password, it won't work.

Yeah I am using the right login ID and transaction key. Authorize.net says its a problem with my processor. I called the processor and there looking into it... I hope I dont get the run around.

Can support check my install to make sure every things right on my end?

Griffe, have you tried to issue a new transaction key in the AuthNet portal?

try that... and while you are logged in there, just make sure that your domain and IP can access it. Also make sure that the user you are trying to transact with has the authority to do so.

Then go back to your WHMCS admin and enter the new key.

Griffe, have you tried to issue a new transaction key in the AuthNet portal?

try that... and while you are logged in there, just make sure that your domain and IP can access it. Also make sure that the user you are trying to transact with has the authority to do so.

Then go back to your WHMCS admin and enter the new key.

I have tried generating a new key, didn't help. What do you mean make sure that my domain and IP can access it? It should be able to, theres never been any problems. Authorize.net said that wasn't a problem either.

I hope they can clear this up soon.

Well I called the processor (not authorize.net). MY rep said he was going to talk to their techs, I have not heard back from them yet but all of a sudden we started getting "Declined" transactions instead of the "Error". Some cards have even gone through now so I think everythings ok.

I will keep you updated

Then, it sounds like someone actually disabled you account ... oops! Hope it gets resolved soon.

Also, for future note, what I meant above, about the domain or IP, is that you can lock your authnet account to one or more domains or IPs, so anyone outside those specified cannot transact. I would recommend using it for security. But if you ever change hosts, IPs and such, it's best to double check those settings. Just heads up :)

Also, for future note, what I meant above, about the domain or IP, is that you can lock your authnet account to one or more domains or IPs, so anyone outside those specified cannot transact. I would recommend using it for security. But if you ever change hosts, IPs and such, it's best to double check those settings. Just heads up :)

Thanks. How would I do that? I didnt see the option anywhere.