Show latest WordPress posts in footer of WHMCS

Hi,

I've been trying to show the last 3 posts from our blog in the footer of our WHMCS pages however do not seem to be having much luck.

I've got the code from the WordPress codex in an external include file as this is used on our non-WHMCS pages too.

If I try to include this file with the smart {include_php file=""} it seems to break thr WHMCS layout, outputs an error (below) and causes the page URL to have /wp-admin/install.php appended to the end of it.

Fatal error: Call to a member function register_handler() on a non-object in /home/********/public_html/blog/wp-includes/media.php on line 1308

Has anyone been able to get WordPress posts to show within their smarty templates?

I think he has the method of getting the posts, he is just having trouble displaying on the whmcs pages.

Maybe try this:

{php}

include('/path/file.php');

{/php}

Or you could take the content of file.php and put it all inside {php} {/php}

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I have the code to show the posts in the include file it just does not play nicely with WHMCS and the Smarty Templates.

@Gears I;ve tried both the include methog you posted above and pasting the PHP code into the page between the {php}{/php} but still generates the same error as using the smarty php include method.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get this to work? I'm trying to do the same thing with the same result... thanks in advance!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I have the code to show the posts in the include file it just does not play nicely with WHMCS and the Smarty Templates.

@Gears I;ve tried both the include methog you posted above and pasting the PHP code into the page between the {php}{/php} but still generates the same error as using the smarty php include method.