WHMCS and Drupal?

Tokoh

Question

I’m not having much luck engaging with the WHMCS community. Am I posting in the wrong group?

In fact we’re a Drupal shop and we’re trying to setup a new activity selling domain names and think WHCMS is perfect for our backend.

But the problem is the front prospect facing bit. We think we have two choices:

1. Build a Drupal site with Drupal prospect facing pages incorporating WHMCS widgets.

2. Extend WHMCS with additional pages I guess with Smarty templates for the prospect facing requirements (ala my earlier posting).

I thought that number 2 was the best choice but our inexperience with Smarty is a problem so I sought help from this forum, but alas no reply.

There is a bit on Drupal integration available from the Drupal forums and this is the easy solution for us but WHMCS integration is still a question mark. Which is the best choice?

10 answers to this question

Thanks Mojahed,

So your recommendation is for my choice #2, a CMS front end and WHCMS backend.

As I noted we are a Drupal shop and therefore would prefer Drupal over Wordpress or Joomla. Is there any reason Drupal would be unsuitable?

I’m not having much luck engaging with the WHMCS community. Am I posting in the wrong group?

I sought help from this forum, but alas no reply.

Tell me about it, I can't get a moderator to approve any of my posts, even though I've posted in the help section. I'm trialling WHMCS at the moment but this support issue is putting me off in a major way!

Thanks Mojahed,

So your recommendation is for my choice #2, a CMS front end and WHCMS backend.

As I noted we are a Drupal shop and therefore would prefer Drupal over Wordpress or Joomla. Is there any reason Drupal would be unsuitable?

1- Well, i found that WordPress is user friendly and supported by developers than Drupal.

2- Concrete5 Software is user friendly too (i recommend you this software NOT WordPress NOR Durpal).

^_^ ! - In my company website i don't use neither WordPress or Drupal or Concrete5, I use HTML template with Customized WHMCS - ^_^ !

Does anyone have a thought about the Drupal theme that is closest to the default WHMCS theme or appearance?

I understand that we can copy the header and footer template elements from one to the other to make them match but the style of the body is not copied. However if we choose a Drupal theme that is close to the WHMCS appearance then that part should also at least closely match.

Does anyone have a thought about the Drupal theme that is closest to the default WHMCS theme or appearance?

I understand that we can copy the header and footer template elements from one to the other to make them match but the style of the body is not copied. However if we choose a Drupal theme that is close to the WHMCS appearance then that part should also at least closely match.

Drupal , Joomla , WordPress, anything if you are a professional designer you can make their themes (Include header, Footer, Style) match WHMCS easily

Edited by mojahed

@Tokoh

For CMS Integration with WHMCS

did you ever get your site up and running? Have you ever thought you just using a CMS plugin for WHMCS.

-(go to easywhmcs.com for the plugin) http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/137/WHMCS-Content-Management-System---Turn-your-WHMCS-into-a-CMS---With-Multi-Language-.html

or try

- http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/430/WHMCS-Pages.html

or - if all else fails maybe...

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/854/Simple-Page-Manager-for-WHMCS.html

if you ever decide to go Joomla or Wordpres go with : /https://www.gohigheris.com/products/integrator3 it integrates wordpress/joomla/whmcs/kayako/ and this page of their mentions integrating with Drupal and Vbulletin - /https://support.gohigheris.com/index.php?/Integratortpls/Knowledgebase/Article/View/35/8/how-is-integrator-3-different-from-jwhmcs-integrator--dont-they-do-the-same-thing

The answer is no, there is no such thing.

A hook, in Drupal is not something magically to integrate anything. A hook is merely a architectual concept to allow code being ran on several occasions. A hook is not what you are looking for.

You will need to implement each and every piece of integration with Create, Read, Update, Delete synchronisation. A user in Drupal gets updated, that should fire code wich updates the data in your other CMS's database. A piece of content is created in your WHCMS, then it needs to become available in Drupal too. And so on and so on.

So, you will first need to define very clearly what you want to integrate and share between both. If it is only the session (single sign on) there are several solutions ready to use. But if you need all content, their comments, search-results and so on to be shared, you have a long way to go.

The reailty with integrating two CMS's entirely, is that you often need more then the sum of the codebase of both CMSs as gluecode: it needs such great amounts of complex integration and synchronisation-code, that in the same time you had probably written both Drupal and WHCMS from ground up. My advice: don't even try.