Entire site within WHMCS?

skshost

I thought of this idea a while back, as I needed to use more variables and data from WHMCS on my main site & other pages. It wouldn't be the difficult, and it would open many potabilities. Basically I'd add many new pages to the system (http://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=7&id=26) and may move/rename some existing ones(if I can).

Right now the prices on my plan pages are pulled from the WHMCS database, and "Sold Out" is displayed if stock control from WHMCS is on and it's at 0 but I'd be able to do far more with an all in WHMCS site.

I'd like the ability to input/manage products specifications better. Perhaps with custom fields like bandwidth, disk space, php version, etc. I'd also like to break things down more. So I could specify 1GB disk space = $x and plan includes xGB disk space. This would give more freedom with upgrades, and custom plans/solutions, which I am a big fan of. But something like that may require Matt's assistance..

What are your thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Thanks!

I like it. This is exactly what I want to do with my site. I don't know if I even have anything to add.

I do have a question though: The rest of my site obviously doesn't reside in the WHMCS folder on my server, and I've altered the knowledgebase's template to point to the files in their proper places, but all I get is a blank page. I thought that php code on the knowledgebase would display the header/footer like the rest of the templated pages. Am I incorrect in assuming that? I can make the php code print something, and the checking if the user is logged in also works because I added two conditional echo's, one for not logged-in and the other for logged-in. I just thought that the php code offered in the knowledgebase was all I needed to make a new page that looked templated. On your host, do all your files reside in your WHMCS folder?

(Sorry to steal your topic, but you're someone who seems to have successfully integrated much of his site with WHMCS -and- you're looking to go even further, which is exactly what I want to do.)

Cheers,

Lee

Right now the prices on my plan pages are pulled from the WHMCS database, and "Sold Out" is displayed if stock control from WHMCS is on and it's at 0 but I'd be able to do far more with an all in WHMCS site.

Same here, I do that with all my dedicated server plans or and any specials I have. Pulls straight from the database and updates pages I want.

I also have a order status page which connects to the WHMCS page where (dedicated server clients) can see the build status on their server. Now I also have that page connect to our home made whmcs wanna-be system for the different steps the server is on, but about 25% of that page comes from WHMCS.

I'd like the ability to input/manage products specifications better. Perhaps with custom fields like bandwidth, disk space, php version, etc. I'd also like to break things down more. So I could specify 1GB disk space = $x and plan includes xGB disk space. This would give more freedom with upgrades, and custom plans/solutions, which I am a big fan of. But something like that may require Matt's assistance..

I'm kinda unsure on what you are trying to accomplish here. Would you basically want custom fields to hold data that you would use all over your site?

If so, you can always create a kbase article and hide it. Then just pull the information about of the database.

Again, not really sure what you want accomplished here.

From,

Adam

I'm kinda unsure on what you are trying to accomplish here. Would you basically want custom fields to hold data that you would use all over your site?

If so, you can always create a kbase article and hide it. Then just pull the information about of the database.

Again, not really sure what you want accomplished here.

From,

Adam

I would display that data on plan specifications, but my biggest goal is more configuration of products.

Right now we can do a lot with custom fields, but we have to setup our plans with addons and configurable options ahead of time, which works good for things like control panel and OS options.

I want to focus on the value amounts. Instead of setting up: 2 Dedicated IPs = $3.00, a customer would ask for 2 IPs and the price for each is $1.50.

I'm currently finishing up a script that sends out order details to a 3rd party company, imports their response back into WHMCS, then emails the customer. Once I'm done I will start piecing an "all within WHMCS" solution.

Again, any suggestions are welcome.