Login form on external page

Hello to all!

I am working to integrate the login form on my main page, external to the WHMCS templating system.

Adding a login form is easy - it is just HTML code that points to the whmcs code. However, I only want to display this code if the client has not already logged in. I think what I need to do is create some PHP code to check for the login cookie or session information.

However, everything I have tried to do has not worked properly. Does anyone know of information relating to this? Namely, I am looking for session or cookie information that I can retreive from an external page outside of whmcs.

Edit:

Whoops, just saw that you said "external" from the templating system. Yeah, you'll have to manually check the session ID and stuff, I think. Sorry for my airheaded response.

------------------

If you include the smarty stuff from the WHMCS folders, then you can do a simple smarty if statement using the $loggedin variable. Otherwise... hrm... well that's how I'd do it. ;)

Thank you!

To anyone who would find this interesting, what I am doing is putting an {if} switched loggedin parameter on the support area of the site. If it is logged in, I display a welcome message along with javascript code to set a simple cookie. That handles WHMcs branded areas of the site.

For non-WHMcs areas, I am then reading this cookie and displaying either a login form, or the same welcome message.

The tricky part is that I want to make sure that my custom cookie and the whmcs session mesh as far as whether they are logged in or not. I think it is possible because the session only lasts as long as you are logged in, unless you check that "keep me logged in" box. So I still have sonme debugging to go as far as making sure that all lines up correctly.