changing the login dologin.php?goto=clientarea

tubadc

Hi im trying to change de login redirect dologin.php?goto=clientarea to dologin.php?goto=index

It works nice, but if the client entrer the wrong user/pass, its dosent show any alert....

How can i do it, show a alert in the index page only if the client enter a wrong one...??

Tks

Hi tubadc,

I've also tested this and you're right, it doesn't show that the password is wrong, it just directs to the index of the client area without logging the person in. There obviously is a function for an incorrect password since it directed me to "clients/index.php?func=incorrect", but it doesn't say anywhere about the login/password being wrong.

Maybe Matt will browse this thread:

Matt, is this by design or was something missed?

What i have donne is like insert in the header the code

{if !$loggedin}

show error and fields to log

{/if}

But its a terrible solution, because the message appears everywhere including in the shopping when the client isnt logged...

And i really need this because i create a way in the front of the panel to customer login into the Plesk or Webmail... so when a costumer login in the site, he needs to be redirect to de index, not to the client area...

Please Matt one more time.... help us if its possible....

Tks

• WHMCS CEO

You have to redirect to the client area page if you want an error to show with the default setup. If you redirect to a page without the login form on then of course no error will appear.

Matt

I have this working pretty nice: http://my.skshost.com/index.php?func=incorrect

Hi Skshost,

Nice integration, very classy site. How did you get the func=incorrect to show the wrong password error? (Is this because of what Matt said re: the login form?)

I guess your site is quite integrated with WHMCS which allows for the errors and stuff to show up nicely formatted to fit the rest of your site. I'm working towards that with mine, but slowly.