Blank page

Variable

CHMOD is set to 777 according to the installation instruction. The there were missing files in the templates folder and have uploaded the rest. In the templates_c, it is an empty folder. Did I miss anything else. It is still blank.

templates_c is usally empty until you actually get some pages to appear properly, because it caches them with the template you're using. Don't worry about it being empty right now. Just make sure that templates_c is chmodded to 777, that was my problem.

Otherwise, have you added any CSS to your site yet? Sometimes that causes blank pages to show. Can you confirm that all the proper templates are uploaded and all the .php files are there?

Hrm, well I'm out of ideas. I'm assuming you were able to finish the install and you know for sure that PHP is behaving nicely?

I had some weird problems, but unfortunately I didn't have the blank page issue after I fixed the permissions on my templates_c folder. Anyone else wanna take a shot at this one?

Hi Variable,

I don't use the SSL version yet (though I will) so I'm not sure, but I'd assume you'd need to put them there too, but copy your configuration.php instead of uploading a new one. That way both versions of WHMCS talk to the same database and you don't have to configure it twice.

Ugh, Plesk for Cron Jobs. Ugh. I also use Plesk for my main host server and it's annoying for Cron jobs. I'm unfortunately running Windows 2003 server and Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows, and I'm still unable to get a cron job to run every 5 minutes... it seems to force a minimum of "hourly".

If you want to get the job to run, choose the Task Scheduler (should be under your server section of Plesk). You should be able to figure out what you need to set in the scheduler for timing, but you may have to go searching for the path to PHP and whatnot. If you're running linux then it'll be a lot easier on you.

Hi Variable,

As long as you follow what WHMCS tells you under the admin area, you'll do fine. I had to tweak mine because of the windows part of things. If you find that it doesn't work, just read the logs, or if it doesn't work and you aren't sure why then feel free to post here again. The people on these forums are EXTREMELY helpful. Knowing that Matt could show up at any minute and offer insider-tips is also great. Whatever you do, don't hold back if you want to learn. Ask as many questions as you want answered and we'll try our best to answer 'em. :)