How Do I Change a Domain on An Account?

graiswhm

I have a client previously set up under one domain. The client has just obtained a preferred domain name and wants to change the account to the new domain. I can have the registrar swap the domains out for me without having to reset the cPanel account up new.

Where I'm stuck is changing things in WHMCS. I have the original billing under the old domain name and don't want to mess up the billing for next year (annual billing).

Is there a way to change the domain name on the WHMCS account? As a test I've added a new order with the new domain name, but that looks like it will require a new cPanel account. Looking through other posts (nothing specifically on this topic), I saw that supposedly making the WHMCS cPanel login match the actual cPanel login is supposed to link the two. Will this really work?

Appreciate any assistance on this.

Thank you,

Shawn

I've swapped the main domain out for clients a few times. Changing the domain in WHMCS will NOT change the domain on the cPanel account.

First go to your WHM account, go to the Account Functions section and click on Modify Account. Select the domain you wish to modify and then change the domain name to the new domain.

In WHMCS, select the appropriate client, click the products/services tab, and if applicable, select the appropriate hosting account from the drop down box.

Then simply change the domain name to the new domain.

Thank you. I ran into a few hitches, but that worked.

I've swapped the main domain out for clients a few times. Changing the domain in WHMCS will NOT change the domain on the cPanel account.

First go to your WHM account, go to the Account Functions section and click on Modify Account. Select the domain you wish to modify and then change the domain name to the new domain.

In WHMCS, select the appropriate client, click the products/services tab, and if applicable, select the appropriate hosting account from the drop down box.

Then simply change the domain name to the new domain.

• 12 years later...