Send Third Party Emails

griffe

We are seeking a way to send a custom email to a third party vendor for things such as SSL licenses to be provisioned when the customer places an order.... from what I see u can create another email template... we need a way to send this new template to a specific address in addition to the customers welcome email....

thanks in advance for your responses....

Hi griffe,

Don't quote me on this but (don'tcha hate when people say that?) I think you could do something like this in the checkout script that is optionally run at the end of an order. I'm just suggesting ideas because I haven't even used it yet so I don't know what's possible, but it may work.

Anyone else wanna elaborate or just tell me I'm wrong?

I'm writing a checkout script that emails a third party when something from a certain product group is ordered. I'd suggest that route, but you've got to be careful because of fraud, etc.

Really? Are you going to share it?

I can see fraud being a problem, thats why I would want to have it only send the email once payment has been received or the order has been manually approved.