PayPal Website Payments Pro Vs Standard (USA)

00Dante

In reference to USA based PayPal merchants.

I already know that Website Payments Standard CAN process one time payments without the buyer having a PayPal account.

1. BUT with a Website Payments Standard account, can WHMCS recurring payments/subscriptions be created WITHOUT the buyer having a PayPal account?

2. If NOT then does WHMCS enable Website Payments Pro to make recurring payments/subscriptions via (avoiding paying an extra $30/mo for enabling that feature through paypal)?

3. To use Website Payments Pro and create recurring payments/subscriptions do I need an SSL cert or some other form of PCI compliance? How can these subscriptions be occurring without storing the CVV/CVC?

Thanks.

1. To best of my knowledge the buyer needs a PayPal account in order to do recurring payments (subscription) with PayPal Standard as they have to have a way to cancel the subscription and that can only be done on PayPal's Website.

2. Yes can do recurring payments with only PayPal Payments Pro. You don't need the recurring payment module, only the Payments Pro. ($30 total instead of $30 + $30)

3. WHMCS does NOT store the CVV code on the back of the card. You would need to in your PayPal settings (if your approved by PayPal) to not required the CVV code. PayPal lets some do this. It depends on if you was approved when you applied for your PayPal Payments Pro account. And yes you would need an SSL cert to be PCI compliant.