Selling/Transferring Domains Only?

until WHMCS has automated domain registration, i dont feel that its a strong candidate for if your going to use it mainly for domain registration. There are other products out there that specialize in just that. If your going to do hosting and domain registration, then i would use whmcs and hope that Matt hurries up and codes the domain automation. I swear i thought we were getting that in 3.1.2, but maybe 3.2.

Re reading what I wrote I noticed that my question was not clear. What I meant that as well as the hosting orders is there also a page where only domains can be purchased? i.e. I need to transfer a customers domain to my enom account and still be associated with his VPS account so instead of ordering another hosting account I can just put in for a transfer using WHMCS.

But I think PPH answered my question I'll look into it and see what happens. BTW what is that form or HTML that I can use? Cuz if I'm not mistaken the install folder is deleted after installation.

Thanks guys.

I think PPH means your install/domainchecker.php as in what you named the folder where you installed to, e.g. whmcs

You can order the domains via that page, it lets the customer search for a domain and then order it..

http://www.domainhere.com/whmcs/domainchecker.php

replacing domainhere.com with your domain

and whmcs with the folder containing the WHMCS content.

• WHMCS CEO
until WHMCS has automated domain registration, i dont feel that its a strong candidate for if your going to use it mainly for domain registration. There are other products out there that specialize in just that. If your going to do hosting and domain registration, then i would use whmcs and hope that Matt hurries up and codes the domain automation. I swear i thought we were getting that in 3.1.2, but maybe 3.2.

MACscr is incorrect in his post where he claims WHMCS doesn't have automated domain registration - it does.

Matt

when you do a domain search you don't get an "Order Now!" link when the domain is available? If not you will want to go in to your general configuration settings under the domain tab and set it to allow customers to purchase, transfer etc.

Which version of WHMCS are you guys talking about? I have yet to upgrade to the latest one.

EDIT:

Matt, I just saw what you spoke of. The Order Now link only comes up on an unregistered domain. I need to be able to setup transfers as well. The domain is already registered.

• WHMCS CEO

That page is a "domain availability checker" which checks the availability of a domain so only shows registration options. If you want people to be able to order registrations or transfers, you should send them to order.php?order=domain

Matt

MACscr is incorrect in his post where he claims WHMCS doesn't have automated domain registration - it does.

Matt

Matt, so how can this be done?

• WHMCS CEO

Just go to Configuration > Domain Pricing - choose the registrar you want to use for each TLD and it will automatically register, transfer and/or renew domains when invoices for them are paid.

Matt

I just got this error while trying to transfer the domain:

Order Failed

The domain you chose is already in our system. This can happen if you are placing an order for a second time for the same domain or if another user has placed an order for this domain which has not yet been processed so the domain still appears available for registration. Please try a different domain.

I want to transfer the domain to my enom account and at the same time associate the transfer on the WHMCS system and I figure this would be the easiest way. Am I wrong with this assesment or should I just do it directly through enom and forget about the WHMCS part of it.

You must already have the domain name in the system. There is an option under domains in general configuration that will allow you to register names already in the system so you can add it. If you are confused with how to add it there are several posts here that describe the process and I believe a knowledge base article. Or post back here and we can run through the process if you have trouble.