Calculate Addon Cost By Quantity

Hello,

I have a service that I offer on a per email box basis. The mailbox costs 1.00 per month, and customers can choose to add "email reporting" for $0.50 per mailbox per month. The only stipulation to the service is that is must be applied to every mailbox on their domain. They cant add it to just one or two mailboxes it must be on all of them.

So the order form asks the customer how many mailboxes they want - lets assume they enter 10. There is then a "Configurable Addon" which is a Yes No radio box that asks them do they want to enable "Email Reporting" for $0.50 per mailbox.

When they click "Yes", I would like the cart total to update and show a charge of 10 x 0.50 - thus showing a recurring charge of $5.00 per month.

I know I could just make a text box called "Number Of Email Reporting Accounts" or something, but that would rely on the customer to enter the correct number every time - and to be "honest" and enter the number that matches the number of mailboxes they have. Obviously this is not an ideal solution.

How can I accomplish what I am after? Does the template get modified? What needs to be done to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody help me out?

I haven't seen any way to do it. I don't consider myself a WHMCS expert yet though (just been working with it for a month or so).

You could consider quantity packages (ie. 1,5,10,100, etc.). If you find a better solution for handling quantity, please let me know!

Hi, thanks for your post. The only problem is that there is no way to do quantity packages. Customers can choose any number of mailboxes 1, 19, 22 etc etc etc whatever they want.

I just need the cart to calculate what they enter x the price of email reporting to come to the total, there has got to be a way to do this - I just dont know how. ;)