Change user/email for user/anything

tubadc

Hi,

My company is a internet provider, so we cant use emails from other companys to clients logs in theirs accounts.

so my suggest is open in the form add client this fields...

First Name

Last Name

Company Name (Optional)

Email Address

Alternative Email Address

User login

Password

Status

Address 1

Address 2 (Optional)

City

State/Region

Postcode

Country

Phone Number

Admin Notes

What do u guys think?? i dont know if its possible to do that already... if its possible to do now please advise-me...

tks

hmmm ... not too sure datahosts. It should be possible if you use the custom field for the personal username, then do your own db query, get the email, match the md5 password, then set the SID and COOKIE if it matches. Not too complicated, but convoluted for sure. That would also entail rewriting the password reminder.

hmmm ... not too sure datahosts. It should be possible if you use the custom field for the personal username, then do your own db query, get the email, match the md5 password, then set the SID and COOKIE if it matches. Not too complicated, but convoluted for sure. That would also entail rewriting the password reminder.

May be worth speaking to Matt about :)

May cost you a few $ but if it is possible I'm certain Matt would be glad to help.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul,

It's really not terribly difficult to do this yourself.

I forgot to mention that any emails to your clients containing the user/pass also need to be changed to reflect that custom field containing the new username.

I am unsure if you can include extra fields in all the emails.

• 1 month later...

You mentioned you got this to work? I would like my clients to be able to login with a "username" rather than an email.....if I can get this I will provide the community with auracle login sharing using usernames rather than straight up emails =)