[FIXED] ENom SSL Configuration Step 1 problem?

Can anyone help confirm if this is a WHMCS problem, or something weird on my end?

We use our own customised template and on each update we go through and add any new changes. I'm in the process of testing all of the updates on our developer installation.

I have noticed that when attempting an SSL purchase and clicking through the configuration link (either from the email or from the client area) to go to step one, the form appears to be missing. This only affects the default 'Portal' template, where as my current template doesn't have this issue and displays the form correctly (I believe).

It seems the problem a line in configuressl-stepone.tpl; in my current version (works) we have:

{if $status eq "Incomplete"}

In the new portal version (broken) this has been replaced with:

{if $status eq "Awaiting Configuration"}

This statement controls the display of the form where the customer enters the CSR and other info.

I have done a smarty debug on both the Portal template and my own and found the {$status} variable is showing 'Incomplete'.

So my question, is this a bug with the Portal template and my version is working correctly? Or is there something else at play here (a quirk with the Enom developer account) and I need to change my template to match the line in the Portal file.

Any comments from staff and other customizers welcome.

I changed the template var in configuressl-stepone.tpl from:{if $status eq "Awaiting Configuration"} to: {if $status eq "Incomplete"} and it looks like it fixed the issue. The ssl certificate was sent to the enom API.

Was that with the live API or the testing one? Not that it makes a difference in the WHMCS behaviour, does it?

• WHMCS CEO

The status should be as you see it in the template now - the new value of "Awaiting Configuration" - so the templates are correct. Rather the issue here is that a database update has been missed which was going to be part of the new SSL Management addon module which ended up having to be pushed back to a later date. So just running the queries below on your WHMCS database should resolve this for you if you use either the Enom or GlobalSign SSL Modules:

ALTER TABLE `tblsslorders` CHANGE `status` `status` TEXT NOT NULL ;
UPDATE `tblsslorders` SET status='Awaiting Configuration' WHERE status='Incomplete';
ALTER TABLE `tblsslorders` ADD `configdata` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `certtype`;

Matt

The SQL fix is not quite finished it seems.

You need to run:

UPDATE `tblsslorders` SET status='Awaiting Configuration' WHERE status='Incomplete';

after every new SSL order :S

Edited by rewen

• WHMCS CEO
The SQL fix is not quite finished it seems.

You need to run:

after every new SSL order :S

No not at all. You shouldn't have to do it after every new order as both the Enom and GlobalSign SSL modules that come with WHMCS set it to Awaiting Configuration by default now. So unless you didn't update them or use a custom module that's doing it incorrectly then it should be ok.

Matt

Hi Again,

We've just rolled out on production today from the latest version of the download, which has had the v4.5 patches added in, but was surprised to see that this has not been rolled in to the update.

If you use enom for SSL you need to run the SQL commands Matt posted in order to not have problem with the configuration page templates.