[NOT A BUG] Client Custom Field Dropdown lists

I noticed on the checkout forms, and just saw the same thing on WHMCS' checkout page, if a new user registers and you've setup a client custom field with a dropdown list, for example "how did you hear about us" by default the dropdown list is set to the first option in the list... I noticed most people just skipping that field and it would default to for example, google, even though that may not be accurate and they really just didnt want to fill it out.

You also can't make dropdown boxes required because it defaults to the first item in the list and technically it is filled in even if they didnt choose anything.

You can see it here: https://www.whmcs.com/members/cart.php?a=checkout

I changed our first option in the list to simply have a "-" which at least doesnt give a false positive but you still can't make that field required.

Why don't you make it a text box instead of a drop down menu - that way, they have to enter an input.

That would just be a work around not really fixing the problem. Drop down menus are nice for certain reasons. Like if we wanted to keep formatting the same so we could compare data and run reports on the info selected and only allow certain options.

I guess this is how all dropdown boxes work unless you use javscript or validate some other way.