How to inser a Label in the client area showing an Only Admin Field?

lahost

Hello.

I want to create a Only Admin Field but I want that my clients view this field but can´t edit it.

The field will show a number to be used in promotions to get ipads, notebooks and other. I need that client know his number but cant edit it.

Thanks a lot.

Ok so how many customers will have a number? Are we talking a small amount - like 20 or so? Or is it lots, like 100 +?

What I'm trying to determine is if you are wanting to give each client his number manually, or automatically?

I hope I will have more than 1.000 customers, but each customer will receive a number generated in another program and included in his account manually just after payment. I don´t need the number generated automatically. I only need that this number appear near his name in the WHMCS customer area.

Ex: Customer: xxxxxxxxxx - Promo # 0000000

Thanks a lot.

This is pretty simple. I assume you have no custom client fields so far.

1) Log in to Admin Area \ Setup \ Client Custom Fields

2) Add a Custom Field and make it Admin Only

add.jpg

3) Now backup and open \whmcs\templates\portal\clientareahome.tpl

4) Find <p>{$LANG.clientareaheader}</p> on Line # 1 and add the following code by creating a new Line # 2 or anywhere you like on that page if you know what you are doing.

<h3>Promo Code: {$clientsdetails.customfields1}</h3>

5) Save and upload overwriting existing template file on your server

-------------

Now go back to Admin Area \ Client Profile of any client you wish to add promo code and add the code.

profile.jpg

You will see this displayed on client area homepage once your client is logged in.

clientarea.jpg

If you are using WHMCS 4.4.2 and portal template, download attached clientareahome.tpl.zip, extract and upload overwriting the clientareahome.tpl file at \whmcs\templates\portal\

DO NOT overwrite if you are using a different WHMCS version or template.

clientareahome.tpl.zip

• 3 weeks later...