Addon payment question for v3.1.2

I'm having the same issue as someone else was with a previous version of WHMCS http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2749&highlight=addon+payment

I placed the order for the client, ordered a one time addon, order payment was processed and paid.

The next day the system processed payment just for the addon, along with the $5 late fee. I caught it and cancelled the transaction with Authorize.net, but I'm confused how this happened and also how to stop it from happening again.

The due date that shows up for the addon is "00/00/000", and it clearly states under "click here to manage (the addon)" that the pricing is for one time only.

The order was still listed in the orders, although it said completed, so I deleted it from the orders page, and had to recreate the order. In the "manage addon" section of the clients profile I changed the "next due date" to 5/11/2007.

I just checked under "view order" and the addon is listed as unpaid, though the hosting IS listed as paid...and they were paid together in the same transaction. Also...the "hosting" and "domain" order items are links, yet the "addon" is not.

EDIT: The addon portion of the order was listed in the admin home area, so I marked it as paid. It showed up there because I'd set the payment gateway of that account to PayPal subscriptions while I was setting up the account. After marking it as paid, now in the clients area the addon shows this next due date as "00/00/0000", which means it's going to generate another invoice for the client, and add a late fee.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug, and if so, is there a work-around?

When I created the addon, there's only the option of "amount" or "setup fee", and then the choice of billing cycle, which in this case I chose "one time."

In the database tbladdons, I see "reoccurring" and "setup fee." It seems that the system is seeing this one time fee as a reoccurring billing, hence the "next due date."

In regards to this same problem I was having in v2. I am seeing the same thing happening as MaraBlue in the current version. Thanks for spotting that MaraBlue. The workaround for me was just to make it a setup instead...though that is not intuitive for me or the customer.

Glad I am not the only one who has this problem. I am going to agree with MaraBlue that this is a bug.