Document for the Licensing Manager module?

vetrib2w

Hi ,

-> We are using the WHMCS and its Addon -"Licensing Manager" module.

Now, I would you like provide licensed product to my clients .

I am unable to figure out how to setup this?

-> What are the content need to add alone with my product.

-> Is it possible to misuse the license?

-> Since it request provider server to verify the license,is it leads to traffic issue/ maximum connection.

-> What happen if my (license provider) server is down.

->Why do I need to store the local Key.

Are there anybody using this licensing module.?

How well it is working for you and how you have configured ?

I love WHMCS support system, so I am integrating everything along with this .

[NOTE]: Right now i am using separate licensing software to do this job,i am facing few drawback in it .

Please advise me.

Thanks and Regards ,

Vetrib2w

You have to add the check license code. if you bought the addon you can check the example.

not really if you encoded the check license code or file. and every site will be check using IP/Domain/Path

-> Since it request provider server to verify the license,is it leads to traffic issue/ maximum connection.

The application will check the license server once every a set of days (you can set the days on your check license code)

The application will work for some period. you can set that one check license code also.

You can choose. you can save it in a file or into a DB. the check license code will need that license key to check if it is valid. so you need to bring it from the file or from the DB.

*You have to add the check license code. if you bought the addon you can check the example.

# Yes, I bought the license and i have access to this code.

*not really if you encoded the check license code or file. and every site will be check using IP/Domain/Path

# What will happen if i bought a license to one domain (X) and that i will use this module and before the license code(even code is encrypted ) and changed the server name,ip and path by hardcoded(adding the x domain licensed file in the Y domain with a few extra codes like -$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']='www.x.com';) .

So, license check will be performed in the name of X but actually file is present in the Y domain.

Just try this-it is easy to hack .

I have tried this and it works.

The application will check the license server once every a set of days (you can set the days on your check license code)

Okay ,i got it.

The application will work for some period. you can set that one check license code also.

Okay.

You can choose. you can save it in a file or into a DB. the check license code will need that license key to check if it is valid. so you need to bring it from the file or from the DB.

#Okay,still do we need to change this often or local value is added one time .

ie shall I provide the local key value during the licensing in the check file itself instead of storing it separately.

Do this value change often? or Do we need to change this?

Hi,

We use the licensing addon and re-wrote the licensing code to add some things we needed so are very familiar with it.

As far as the local key goes, this is stored in the clients server or database. It is useful so their server is not constantly contacting your server to check if the license is valid. It is more efficient and also prevents your program on their server stopping if your server goes down for some reason.

Generally this should be refreshed every so often. We do it every month.

The example license code that comes with the addon has all of the above built in as an example. Where you store the local key is basically up to you programming wise.