How to configure in whmcs to offer free hosting with domain purchase?

fazlan

Hello all,

I have a requirement to configure my whmcs to offer a free hosting account with each domain purchase. When a client place the order for domain, he may be asked a question whether he want a free hosting account (We can skip this if difficult to setup but still I need to offer the free hosting). If he select yes, then automatically the hosting account also should created along with domain registration if he pay the invoice.

For now I created a new product for that hosting package to offer with each domain purchase. And set the price to 0.00 for (recurring) annual payment option and disabled all the other payment terms by placing "-1".

So how I can further continue this to fulfil my requirement. Any help appreciated.

Additional question (Reverse setup to my original question): I have setup to offer free domain with some packages. When they place the new order the domain also included in invoice marked with price 0. But in renewal invoice the domain is not included and I'm scared domain will be renewed automatically even if they don't make the payment. So please help me to fix this as well. (Screen shot attached to show how settings done for auto invoice generation and in product configuration)

edit products_free domain_whmcs.jpg

Thanks in advance.

billing automation settings_whmcs.jpg

Not sure about your first question but for the second one....as long as the invoice total is not 0.00 the domain will not be renewed. Which means if you have an item in the invoice for domain renewal with 0.00 amount but another item with any other amount, if the invoice is not paid the domain will not be renewed. Check also this configuration in the Configuration section in WHMCS.